Friday, April 13, 2012

For Better and Worse: Got one of those good news, bad news reports about my son the other day. Two scores were higher than usual, one good, one bad. The goodness of the good one makes it hard for me to write off the badness of the bad -- if the evaluator in question is smart enough to see the good, I can't say, "But that other thing? Way wrong." I'm pretty sure it is way wrong, but there's enough of a seed of doubt to make me think it could be right-ish. Little bit. So now, even though I've got the good score I've been hoping and hoping for since the evaluation was done, I can't completely enjoy it because it's tempered with worry over the bad one, and worry that the people I need to be impressed by the good score will be distracted by the bad one. Aw, c'mon. Nothing's ever easy, is it?

No comments: